C basetype problem, works on 2.3, not on 2.2.1

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Fri Aug 9 19:30:38 EDT 2002

This problem turned out to be a result of two things:

1. Python-2.3 and Python-2.2.1 treatments of mapping method setup in a
class instance are not identical.  They do, however, have the same
functional behavior, with 2.3 also having improved performance.

2. My new basetype was defining both sequence and mapping protocols, and
the sequence protocol was given precedence.  By dropping the sequence
protocol and only defining the mapping protocol, my problem went away
for Python-2.2.1.

Thanks Guido!

Todd