Windows Infrared Port Programming

Steven sadams123 at optushome.com.au
Wed Aug 28 20:02:07 EDT 2002

"Scott Brady Drummonds" <scott.b.drummonds at intel.com> wrote in message
news:akjg01$crh at news.or.intel.com...
> Does anyone know if packages that allow programming the infrared port on
> Windows systems are available in Python?  If not, can anyone point me to
> where I could learn about writing one of these (in Python, not by linking
> compiled library) myself?

Roger Burnham's serial package is simple to use and works fine for me. It
depends on what you're trying to do with the IR port - but usually you can
treat the IR port exactly like a normal serial port e.g. COM1, COM3 etc

http://starship.python.net/crew/roger/

just download it and install and you're ready to go

Steven