64-bit python build

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou DLNXPEGFQVEB at spammotel.com
Wed Aug 28 11:41:52 EDT 2002

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:42:17 GMT, rumours say that
mats at laplaza.nospam.org (Mats Wichmann) might have written:

>The question I'd raise is whether this is an "interesting" test
>strategy on an architecture where sys.maxint is a Big Number:
>9,223,372,036,854,775,807.  I don't have a better test in mind, but
>I'll point out I'm running into this elswhere (i.e., outside Python,
>if that world even matters) on 64-bit architectures.

The solution for me (in the *nix world) has been to issue a limit
(ulimit, jlimit, depends on your shell and your OS) command before
running the test.  In my case, I set the limit of the data section to
256MB and the test ran fine (MemoryError was raised) without much of a
hassle.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
Real email address: 'dHpvdEBzaWwtdGVjLmdy\n'.decode('base64')