busy indicator

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 7 08:00:54 CEST 2002

Jonathan Hogg <jonathan at onegoodidea.com> wrote:
> Just for fun I've modified mine to use a thread and the code is enclosed
> below. I added a couple of variations on the spinning theme as well. The
> spinners are only one-shot, so you need to create another to spin some more.

Very nice mr Hogg!  And funny too, I had a laugh here when HAL
appeared.  More please!

A question:
You use sys.stdout.write('\x08') to backspace.  Do you know the values
for 'line up' and others?  Do you have a www link for those values,
are they just ASCII or something?

'''
There are two ways of constructing a software design.  One way is to
make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies and the other is
make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.
                -- C.A.R. Hoare
'''