Speed up with threads

Michael Bacarella mbac at netgraft.com
Sun Aug 4 10:22:33 EDT 2002

Rhymes <raims at dot.com> wrote:

> I've written a simple portscanner (two version: the first without
> threads and the second one with threads). I just want to speed up more
> the scanning, what can i do?

That is a lot of resources to implement a portscan. A better
way to implement a portscan is to gain raw sockets access and
do a TCP SYN based scan. See the -sS option of nmap if you're
on UNIX.

--
``I get back to work and the janitor's asleep at the terminal.
I ask him if he wants to work here too, but he likes the ability