Question: How to execute an EXE with Python?

Fausto Arinos de A. Barbuto fbarbuto at telusplanet.net
Wed Aug 28 01:59:23 EDT 2002

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:

> You might try the Linux road sometime,

    Oh, I am actually a Linux user, too -- since 1998. This computer
    of mine has both Windows ME and SuSE 7.2, which I like a lot.
    And I might have carried this little test out using Linux, of course.
    But for some reason I started testing with Windows as I thought
    that the whole thing would be straightforward. My little project's
    goal is to execute a binary generated from a Fortran-77 code,
    read its outputs and have them formatted web-wise, I mean, as
    a web page someone somewhere would browse. The plan is to
    achieve that by means of Python CGI scripts. Things are going to
    get easier (I hope!) now that I learnt how to run a process with
    Python. I even opened a Zope account to carry these tests out,
    but Zope turned out to be more complicated at this point in time
    than installing Apache on my computer and testing the scripts in a
    "closed circuit".

> as even though it is under construction in places, much of what's
> been built has smooth, solid pavement, and while there are still
> some strange hitch-hikers, generally they don't have as much
> dirt under their thumbnails.

    Yes, that is true. Linux is not only smooth, it is rock-solid as
    well. It is difficult to get rid of Windows ME entirely, however.
    By the way, I've had lots of problems with Windows ME
    lately -- I'd gladly relinquish using Windows if I could.

    Thanks again for all the help.

---Fausto