COM or modules

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Fri Aug 9 20:15:25 EDT 2002

Both COM and Python wrappers run very fast with the wrappers perhaps having
an advantage (counting the miniscule COM system overhead, the wrappers
already built into win32all, and the COM interface you have to write for
your program).

However, in terms of programmer time, wrapping is likely to be substantially
faster, especially if you use a tool like SWIG ( http://www.swig.org/ ) or
Pyrex ( http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/ ).

Raymond Hettinger

news:aj13mr$1iu4$1 at nntp6.u.washington.edu...