Gratitude due to Red Hat? More work for the PBF?

Cliff Wells LogiplexSoftware at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 23 18:26:11 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 01:59, Steve Holden wrote:
> I'm a little hesitant to say this, but today (while, of all things, putting
> a sales proposal together) I realised that my attitude to the "Red Hat comes
> with 1.5.2" question has now altered. When considering a hosting environment
> I am happy to *exclude* any company who can only offer 1.5.2, as they are
> clearly not serious about supporting the language environment. This is a
> positive thing, as supporting Python isn't yet a common enough skill to be
> available from the Interlands and the like.

I submitted a bug report to RH regarding this issue and was basically
brushed off with "the RH tools that depend on Python should all work
with 2.x if you install all the required packages" [required packages
thoughtfully omitted].  Heaven forbid *they* should fix anything.

I think their hat might be getting a little tight.