Python vs. Ruby (and os.path.walk)

Steven Atkinson sja at san.rr.com
Tue Aug 13 00:45:46 EDT 2002

I find the rules about variable names to be awkward. Also, some of the bits
picked up from Perl that I did not like there ($_, etc). At first blush I
liked it as it reminded me of SmallTalk, but it's been 7-8 years since I've
done anything in that language so that may not really be valid. I guess it's
more of a gut feeling right now. If I come up with anything more concrete
I'll post it.

Of course, with Python I'm not crazy about "this" and the forced
indentation.

No language is perfect. Heck, I'm a C++ programmer!! (I actually like C++ a
lot for some perverse reason especially now that the more Modern sytle has
emerged (read: heavily templatized code).

"Phil Tomson" <ptkwt at shell1.aracnet.com> wrote in message
news:aj4uqv010md at enews3.newsguy.com...
[snipped]