Database experiences in Python: Good or Bad?

John Hall wweexxsseessssaa at telusplanet.net
Tue Aug 6 18:32:48 EDT 2002

On 6 Aug 2002 15:11:13 -0700, woodsplitter at rocketmail.com (David
Rushby) wrote:

a whole lot of encouraging news, snipped for brevity.
Thanks, David. I have just two questions:

1) If Firebird diverges from Interbase at the API (or other relevant)
level, which will you be supporting, or both?

2)
>"except insofar as the future of Firebird itself is dubious."
Most of us don't hear much about FB (I'm trying to do my part to
spread the word), and don't know how solid the support is. Is it known
or suspected to be in danger of atrophy? Can an OSS project die other
than by user indifference/neglect?

BTW I find the image of a Python playing with a Firebird quite
appealing.

--
John W Hall <wweexxsseessssaa at telusplanet.net>
Calgary, Alberta, Canada.