How are you using Python?

Matt Gerrans matt_gerrans at hp.com
Wed Aug 7 22:00:10 EDT 2002

> "If you want to be able to import a module you wrote
> yourself from another directory, put that module in
> C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages"

You can of course add directories to the PythonPath and to .PTH files in
your Python directory, also.   Additionally, you can append to sys.path at
runtime, for ultimate flexibility.

I don't really like the idea of cluttering up the site-packages directory
with all my own modules and scripts.   Tangling your stuff with the
distributed stuff makes for a mess, especially when it come time to
uninstall the old Python and install a new version of Python.