Python embedded - [Won't load dynamic libraries on Linux] - HELP!!

Kim Petersen kp at kyborg.dk
Wed Aug 14 09:42:26 EDT 2002

Gerhard Häring wrote:
> In article <3D57C830.4070909 at kyborg.dk>, Kim Petersen wrote:

>>>If it is finding which libraries to link against when embedding Python, does
>>>this FAQTS entry help?
>>>
>>>http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/11864/fid/606

All the libraries in that the above faqts reveal are linked with the new
.so (actually one was missing ieee - but didn't change anything).

>>And when doing so, i miss the references to the dynamic linked modules (like
>>_tkinter.so) _unless_ i specifically link them with the new .so (the embedded
>>interpretor)

> Erh. Most probably that's not the case. It's just that modules like aren't
> found, right?

Hmmm, from what i find all the modules are on the sys.path line:

in CGIX.py PATH: ['/usr/bin', '/var/www/cgi-bin', '/usr/lib/python1.5/',
'/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload/', '', '/usr/lib/python1.5/',
'/usr/lib/python1.5/plat-linux-i386', '/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-tk',
'/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload', '/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages']

The double paths are because i tried to meddle with the PYTHONPATH
environment variable.... it still *cannot* find the .so files - how
can i tell?
when importing a module (selfmade) - every import works except for
things like "import time" (which uses
/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload/timemodule.so)....

IF i load all the .so's in the python path with the new .so (my embedded
python interpretor for RM/Cobol) then everything works - BUT will fail
the moment a distutil install has been done - and someone tries to load
the new module [of course assuming that the distutil module uses a
binary module (.so)]

--
Med Venlig Hilsen / Regards

Kim Petersen - Kyborg A/S