Tix/Tk Module frustrations HELP!

Geoff Gerrietts geoff at gerrietts.net
Wed Aug 21 17:36:51 EDT 2002

Quoting Geoff Gerrietts (geoff at gerrietts.net):
> To fix this problem (after almost a day of being very pissed off and
> wondering what the hell was wrong with my linker), I had to put a
> symlink in /usr/lib:
>
>   ln -s /usr/lib/libtix.so /usr/lib/libtix
>
> Everything worked like a charm after that, but it has left me a little
> sour on using Tix.

Um, I /do/ recognize that this is less a "fix" than an "ugly, hackish
workaround", but I didn't get into the source code to track down the
actual problem.

I suspect this is a configure-time problem of some sort, because
/usr/lib is found properly, but the .so is not. But I haven't gone
after it.

--G.

--
Geoff Gerrietts                <geoff at gerrietts net>
"I have read your book and much like it." --Moses Hadas