two questions on tkinter

Warren Kirk warrenk at Zem.Zem
Thu Aug 22 11:11:40 EDT 2002

Michele Simionato <mis6 at pitt.edu> wrote:

>1. First, how do I bind special keys like #,$,>,<,;0123456789 etc ? How
>do I bind Space key ? Are the Windows keys recognized ?

This is the program I use to find keysyms on X11.

from Tkinter import *

class Output(Label):
    def printkey(self, event):
        self.config(text=event.keysym)

root = Tk()
label = Label(root, text='Press a key...')
output = Output(root, takefocus=1)
label.pack()
output.pack()
output.focus()
output.bind('<KeyPress>', output.printkey)
root.mainloop()

>2. How do I use colors in the Text widget ? For instance I would like to
>write RED GREEN BLUE with RED in red, GREEN in green and BLUE in blue.

You need to read about 'tags' in the Text widget documentation.

>TIA,
>
>                          Michele

HTH,
Warren