busy indicator

DIG dig.list at telkel.net
Wed Aug 7 15:22:09 EDT 2002

Hi, Will Stuyvesant !

 On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 11:00:54PM -0700, Will Stuyvesant wrote:

> Very nice mr Hogg!  And funny too, I had a laugh here when HAL
> appeared.  More please!

Yes ! I, too, liked it !
You might want to try DISPLAY = [ '.', 'o', 'O', 'o', '.', ' ', ' ' ]
This is also nice looking indicator. I saw it for the first time in ``cdparanoia'', IIRC.

> A question:
> You use sys.stdout.write('\x08') to backspace.  Do you know the values
> for 'line up' and others?  Do you have a www link for those values,
> are they just ASCII or something?

If you are using Linux, you might want to try

$ man console_codes

(It is Linux console escape and control sequences).
Or search Google for these keywords (as already suggested).

Regards,

--
DIG (Dmitri I GOULIAEV)