Python is easy?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Aug 15 06:00:09 EDT 2002

"Bengt Richter" <bokr at oz.net> wrote in message
news:ajfo5j$cln$0 at 216.39.172.122...
> On 15 Aug 2002 06:58:58 GMT, bokr at oz.net (Bengt Richter) wrote:
> [...]
> >
> >Here's a recipe to give you a right-click popup menu item called "Run in
Persistent Console"
> >in the explorer for NT4:

[...]
> And when you exit Python, you'll be there in the Console window,
> in the directory of th selected file. Kind of handy sometimes.

Bengt has given three chunks of advice, but perhaps the simplest is to get
the various shortcuts to use "python -i", which very handily leaves the
interpreter at the interactive prompt even after a syntax error. You do need
to terminate the session with a CTRL-Z RETURN, but it can also be very handy
to poke around in the remains of a program after it's failed.

I'd also like to pint out that Windows 9X won't treat Python scripts as
executable from the command line, having no mechanism to do so.

regards
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/