Database experiences in Python: Good or Bad?

François Lepoutrre francois.lepoutre at seriatim.com
Tue Aug 6 05:31:58 EDT 2002

my additional two cents (of euro) on mxODBC.

Solid enough :)

Coming from a world where db connectivity
is essential, we have been pleased with the
mxODBC solution when it comes to connecting
to proprietary engines (delivering a solution
that proved itself with Sybase ASA both
on win32 and linux).

Keep in mind that mxODBC relies on mxDateTime
for "date and time" services. A real bonus for business
apps as datetime is no native python datatype.