Could Python supplant Java?

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Thu Aug 22 03:39:32 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 21 August 2002 21:28, James J. Besemer wrote:
> with one 150K LOC VC++ project I worked on I could change a few modules and
> rebuild in just a few seconds.  In contrast, I just generated a fairly
> trivial 150K Python program and it took almost 3 minutes compile (on a
> machine 4X faster than I used for that C++ project).

What you mean by "compile"? Python is an interpterer as Java or Perl... Or you
mean that your Python 150K program starts ~3 min? OTOH, we need perfomance
during run-time.

--
Regards, Bogdan

If you are angry with someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes... then
you'll be a mile away from them, and you'll have their shoes.