Could Python supplant Java?

d2002xx d2002xx at myrealbox.com
Thu Aug 22 10:14:34 EDT 2002

> > > Actually, there are developer tools that come with Windows.
> >
> > name one that comes with windows.
>
> There actually are several.  You probably though haven't a clue
> about how to use them since they aren't your *precious* C compiler.

But you didn't name, maybe that it only exists in your imagine.

> > > Your statement
> > > clearly indicates that you haven't a clue about what you are
> > > talking
> about.
> > > Of course, your comment implies that there aren't any free tools
> > > that
> you
> > > can get either - often times the same as what you find on those
> > > *nix
> boxes.
> >
> > my comment does nothing of the sort ... read again and you'll find
> > the word "download"
> >

> So unless it comes on already on the system that doesn't count???
> You mean the ONLY valid way to distribute components of an OS is if
> they are installed originally when the OS is installed?  Downloading
> from the freely available and secure source afterwards doesn't
> count?

Yeah. Because most of linux distributions have them installed. So you
admit the windows is inferior?

> > there IS a scheduler, I never said that there wasn't, however
> > there is NO scripting (read the above again, the word is *script*)
> > facility
> >

> Guess you never heard of batch files then.  But in any event, if you
> need a more powerful and "full" programming and scripting language,
> then use WSH - it does come with the OS.

*full*? Would you introduce it? Does it support OOP? Generator?
Dynamical-typing? C/C++ extension modules? Can its library do GUI?
XML? Network? Multi-threading?

> > >*machine*>to compile, all at the same time (via an ssh shell, or
> > >an xterm>if the developer likes GUI IDE's). This way it is
> > >possible to make>sure that no developer is using a compiler which
> > >could possibly>be patched to a different version than the others
> > >(autoupdate?).>
> > >

> > > Gee, you don't know how to do this on Windows?   Again, you
> > > demonstrate
> your
> > > ignorance.   Of course, alternatively, you could be smart and
> > > have the
> dev
> > > environment installed to a shared location so that there is only
> > > the one version that has to be managed and you wouldn't have
> > > everyone constantly stepping on each other's development
> > > process.
> > >

> What??? No response?

Hey! It's the comp.lang.java.advocacy, not alt.crap.M$.advocacy.

> > > Yes, the hundreds of editors that are available for Windows does
> > > add
> what
> > > would appear to be too much flexibility and capability for you
> handle.
> > > Since you clearly don't know Windows, you clearly don't even
> > > know about
> the
> > > programming editors included either.
> >
> > windows does NOT come with a decent editor
>
> Actually it comes with several - can you figure out what they are?

Notepad? :D
It's cool, really. You can't find an unix IDE as cool as it!

No, it assumes you're an idiotic end-user.

> > > The difference is that those other systems are practically
> > > useless for
> work
> > > without the constant need to compile your own stuff.
> >
> > no
> >
> > > On Windows, the apps
> > > to do what you want already exist in binary form and don't need
> > > to be re-compiled locally in order to run.
> >
> > the issue is that there are no development tools
> >
> > > But you knew that.  Of course, if all
> > > you want is a compiler, there are many available for free - even
> > > some
> from
> > > MS.
> >
> > but windows does not come with any development tools
>
> Ah, but it DOES!  Just because you don't know what they are since
> they aren't your precious C compiler doesn't mean they don't exist.

But you can't name them, as I said above, they maybe just your
imagine.

> > windows does not come with any development tools
>
> Sure it does - again, you don't know what you are talking about.

And you're talking about something that only exists in your brain. :)

> > windows does not come with *ANY* development tools
>
> You mean that it doesn't come with your *precious* C compiler.

Yeah, it doesn't, in fact.

> Do you understand what I am saying - some development tools ARE
> available on the install CD and many more are available as free
> downloads from MS and others.

Free download from M$: IDE? C/C++ compiler? Implementations of python?
ruby? perl? CVS frontend? And.. source code of full OS? (I'm sure
these are included in most of linux distributions)