Old bug in longobject.c + fix

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Sun Aug 18 16:54:29 EDT 2002

* Paul Sheer <psheer at icon.co.za> [2002-08-18 22:05 +0200]:
> In article <m33ctdl37v.fsf at mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de>,
> martin at v.loewis.de (Martin v. Loewis) wrote:
> > "Paul Sheer" <psheer at icon.co.za> writes:
> >
> >> This bug has been here since the 1.5 days.
> >>
> >> I once emailed it to Guido, but I it has never been included. Could
> >> someone see that it gets the right people?
> >
> > Please submit a patch at http://sf.net/projects/python. It would be good
> > if you could elaborate on the nature of the bug that this patch fixes.
> >

> I think that its pretty damn obvious the "nature" of the bug

No. How long would it take you to describe what your patch is about? Two
minutes? How long would it take a Python developer to find out what your
patch tries to change and why? 10 minutes? 30 minutes?

> I've done more than my bit for king and country pal
>
> so take it or leave it

If you want this particular bug (if it is indeed one) fixed in Python,
it'd be helpful if you were a little more verbose (use case where the
current implementation fails and where your patch fixes the problem, for
example).  This is not a quiz show ;-)

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930