Tkinter - mouse cursor position

Greg Ewing see_reply_address at something.invalid
Mon Aug 12 00:12:39 EDT 2002

James Hall wrote:

> Help,
>
> Suppose a canvas showing some form of visualisation, clicking on a
> feature of interest causes the visualisation to be redrawn in such a way
> as to move the feature - the mouse cursor should then appear in the new
> position, still over the feature.

I suggest you re-think your user interface design so
that it doesn't involve moving the mouse pointer. Some
people (including me) find it very disconcerting when
this is done. It feels like someone has grabbed my hand
and moved it without my consent.

For example, instead of just moving the feature, allow
the user to drag it into a new position.

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,