Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Aug 12)

Andreas Leitgeb Andreas.Leitgeb at siemens.at
Tue Aug 13 10:06:25 EDT 2002

Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:
> QOTW:  "Python is not a nanny.  It's a language for consenting adults.
> What you do with your classes is your business.  If you use someone else's
> classes, it is your responsibility to consider the sanity of the source --
> and to test." -- Terry Reedy

Actually, Python (just like any high level language, even perl) IS a nanny.
The only language, that is not at all a nanny is machine language
(not assembler, but really the raw bytes), and no human would actually
*want* to write that.

PS: I know, I know, a little exaggeration never hurts, and makes for
  a good QOTW :-)