Installing Python 2.2.1 on WinNT

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Fri Aug 30 19:47:17 EDT 2002

> I've run into a (actually two) problem installing Python 2.2.1 on
> Windows NT 4.0.  At the end of the install, it throws up an error
> "Could not load the DLL library $%#%^$.  The specified module could
> not be found."

Do you have the latest service pack and fixes from MSDN for your NT box?
I have found that getting the latest updates often fixes some "Could not
load the DLL library" and "Page fault in..." and "Invalid entry point
in" errors.

What DLL could not be loaded?

Are you running the python.org installer? You could also try
ActivePython:
    http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython/

Cheers,
Trent