I'm coming from Tcl-world ...

Andreas Leitgeb Andreas.Leitgeb at siemens.at
Mon Aug 5 07:21:41 EDT 2002

Cameron Hutchison <camh+un at xdna.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Aug 2002 10:17:25 +1000, Heiko Wundram wrote:
>> On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 18:48, Andreas Leitgeb wrote:
>>> Here, I think, I didn't make my concern clear enough:
>>>  in C/C++ (and similar in Tcl) I can do the following:
>>>  [example of non-trivial for-loop snipped]
>> There is no way to do anything like that in Python, there just isn't.
> You should be able to do something like:
>  [ while - try - continue - finally ]
The idea looked promising, but:
 at least python2.0 chokes on it:  (I've got no 2.2 at hand right now)
   "SyntaxError: 'continue' not supported inside 'try' clause"
 other errors in the block would be catched and left unhandled as well
sorry.

Please, see also my second self-followup (which I'm going to post after
  answering individual points)

--
Newsflash: Sproingy made it to the ground !
  read more ... <http://avl.enemy.org/sproingy/>