'concatenating''strings'

Daniel Fackrell unlearned at DELETETHIS.learn2think.org
Thu Aug 8 14:27:12 EDT 2002

"Will Stuyvesant" <hwlgw at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:cb035744.0208081004.589ed61 at posting.google.com...
> Python 2.2.1 (#34, Apr  9 2002, 19:34:33) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
> win32
> IDLE 0.8 -- press F1 for help
> '12'
> '123'
> '1'
> KeyboardInterrupt
> CTRL-c

Not quite what you think.  Remember that Python supports triple-quoted
strings.  It's still waiting for the end of the string, not hung as it may
have appeared.

You might check to see that the secondary prompt '...' has not been
disabled, as it should have appeared to indicate continuation.
--
Daniel Fackrell (unlearned at learn2think.org)
When we attempt the impossible, we can experience true growth.