busy indicator

TuxTrax TuxTrax at fortress.tuxnet.net
Tue Aug 6 06:16:14 EDT 2002

Hi all

I have a python library call in a program that tends to take at least
five minutes to complete, which is no big deal in and of
itself. However, I would like to know how to have a "i'm working"
ticker running, like when a fsck is being done to a mount. You know
the one. The little twirling ascii graphic that keeps going as long as
the work is being done so the user knows the system hasn't just
crashed. This is a CLI app.

The lib call takes over, and I am to newbie to know how to have it do
both jobs at once.

Cheers,

Mathew

--
TuxTrax   (n.) An invincible, all terrain, Linux driven armored assault
vehicle that can take as much fire as it gives ;-)

Yes, I am a Penguin cult high priest. Flipper readings upon request.

ROT13 this email address to mail me: uvtuqrfregzna at lnubb.pbz