Invoking python from emacs

Kow Kuroda kkuroda at crl.ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 12 21:54:09 EDT 2002

Hi,

Did you set relevant environmental variables in your .emacs file?
It is explained on the following page.

http://www.python.org/emacs/python-mode/installation.html

I admit the same problem annoyed me until I found this page out.
I don't know how many times I cursed at emacs.

By the way, emacs's python-mode doesn't work properly with raw_input().
I always get "EOFError: EOF when reading a line" at the line I have the
construct.
Is this a bug? or am I still missing configuration for it?
(Incidentally, I don't have this problem with VIM)

Good luck
Kow