[Stackless] http server experiment

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Sat Aug 24 18:10:59 EDT 2002

Christian Tismer:
> ... The reason is that certain extensions
> call back into Python and assume to be not scheduled meanwhile.
> PythonWin and Scintilla is an example. If you use free scheduling
> (which is internally implemented) and happen to print something
> while something else is printed, you will crash Scintilla.

   Scintilla should not crash from a simple reentrance although it may if
reentered from multiple real (OS) threads. While Scintilla does not allow
some forms of reentrance (such as changing the text during a change text
notification) these should fail rather than cause a crash and I'd be
interested in fixing the problems if you can give me some reproducible
cases.

   Neil