Solved: How to make informixdb work with python 2.2.1 on Redhat

J Dubal dubal at khimjiramdas.com
Tue Dec 10 06:15:20 EST 2002

Hello.
As mentioned in my previous posting
<c345ff6f.0209052222.37221ef1 at posting.google.com> of 5th September
2002, I was not able to make it work and had no clue whatsoever why
import informixdb in py221 should produce ImportError: Cannot locate C
core module for informix db interface. I had given up on py221 and
started using BeOpen's python 2.0 rpm with which informixdb worked.
However, one lucky day last week, out of the blue, a kind soul named
Eduard Weisgerber (ew at bogs.NOSPAM.de) sent me the following mail that
made it work:

quote
Hi,
just saw your Informix problem in the newsgroup, hope you solved it
allready. If not make this:

cd $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql
mkdir tmp
cp libifgen.so orig_libifgen.so