Using Python for business app development

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Sun Dec 29 21:57:16 EST 2002

"Karl A. Krueger" <kkrueger at example.edu> writes:
> I'm also put off MySQL by its developers' and advocates' past confusion
> (to say it charitably) regarding its limitations.  For instance, back
> when MySQL did not support transactions, its developers told prospective
> users that most everything that transactions get you can be done in the
> application.

The *developers* actually said this? That's scary, all by
itself. After all, the reason I'm using a database in the first place
is so I don't have to rely on the application developers getting the
data locking right. Rollback and the like are nice, but if the
database can't insure my datas integrity in the face of simultaneous
updates, then I've chosen the wrong tool for the job.

        <mike