backup script

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Dec 10 21:16:05 EST 2002

Jianping Zhu wrote:

[Now completely off-topic for comp.lang.python.]

> Thank you for your reply!
> Because i have several dictories need to be backup, I want to write a
> script do it automatically  say every Satuerday a 2:00am. is there a
> way
> to do that?

Put in a cron job.

	man crontab

Type

	crontab -e

and when your editor comes up, put in a line like

	0 2 * * sat     /path/to/backupscript

In some versions of cron, you'll have to specify the day of the week
numerically; check the crontab man page for more information.

/  \ Insight -- the titillating knack for hurting!
\__/ Colette
    The laws list / http://www.alcyone.com/max/physics/laws/
 Laws, rules, principles, effects, paradoxes, etc. in physics.