pygettext not in distro

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Tue Dec 10 10:25:50 EST 2002

[Thomas Guettler, probably asking about Windows]
> Why is pygettext.py not in the distribution of Python2.2?

Nobody changed the installer to package it, nor asked that I do so.

[Michael Hudson]
> Dunno.  I think it will be in 2.3, though.

Not unless someone tells me exactly what needs to be done here, or checks in
changes to the Windows installer themself.  Is it this single script that's
desired, or the Tools/i18n/ directory (which also includes msgfmt.py), or
...?

Opening a request on SF, with details, is the best way to ensure this isn't
guaranteed to get forgotten <wink>.