[shelve] What are the limitations? Entering too many data crashes it on my machine!

F. GEIGER fgeiger at datec.at
Fri Dec 27 04:16:51 EST 2002

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:m33cok9yat.fsf at mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de...

> I see. I'm pretty sure you are *not* using bsddb3 here, as its errors
> all have bsddb3 in their names.

Oops, I thought, bsddb3 is a replacement for bsddb, sorry.

> Please read the code of shelve.py, it's not that long. I recommend to
> use shelve.Shelf directly, passing a bsddb3 hash database.

I successfully tried:

Version 1)

from bsddb3 import dbshelve
fileInfos = dbshelve.open('PathNames')

instead of

import shelve
fileInfos = shelve.open('PathNames')

Version 2)

from bsddb3 import dbshelve
import shelve
fileInfos = shelve.BsdDbShelf(dbshelve.open('PathNames'))

For both versions the rest of my program remains as it has been.

Thanks a lot, Martin!

Kind regards
Franz