Totally confused by Python's string thing.

Doru-Catalin Togea doru-cat at ifi.uio.no
Tue Dec 17 02:22:20 EST 2002

> SOLUTIONS:
>
> Well, probably first tell us more about the problem. Do you have
> unicode input? Do you have unicode output? (Because if you don't,
> chances are you needn't be concerned about unicode at all).

I have latin-1 input and ASCII-compliant output, as part of the processing
is to replace all non-english characters with their &???;
encodings. So I don't really care what encoding the output will actually
have, as long as it is universally understood by web-browsers. My problems
occured while processing the latin-1 input, usually when trying to write
to files, or when debugging with "print" (which I know now to only handle
ASCII characters).

Thanks for you quick answer.

Catalin

	<<     We are what we repeatedly do.      >>
	<<  Excellence, therefore, is not an act  >>
	<<             but a habit.               >>