Unit test examples

Changjune Kim juneaftn at REMOVETHIShanmail.net
Sun Dec 22 03:53:17 EST 2002

"Changjune Kim" <juneaftn at REMOVETHIShanmail.net> wrote in message
news:au3tm7$4t7$1 at news.hananet.net...
> You should make the outer presentation layer as thin as possible. When
you
> think it's thin enough, you can make it thinner. And you have seperate
> layers like presentation, business logic, data access.
>
> In unittesting, you don't want to test all the combinataions -- it's
"unit"
> testing. You can cut off the dependency chains with good design(which
could
> also emerge from TDD), and some unit testing techniques like Mock
Objects.

> I also recommend you read GUI programming patterns papers from PLOP
> conferences.

Among a few(not many), I recommend these:

 *Developing Form Style Windows (in PLOPD3 as well)
 http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/PLoP-96/bradac.ps.gz
 * User Interface Patterns

http://jerry.cs.uiuc.edu/~plop/plop2001/accepted_submissions/PLoP2001/DSand
u1/PLoP2001_DSandu1_1.pdf