Switch from perl to python?

Johnny B. Good JohnyBGood at gmx.net
Sat Dec 14 15:20:04 EST 2002

I started using Perl 3 years ago as occasional developer (I'm more
focused on the systems side). I'm still struggeling with the syntax and
some other things in it.

One year ago a colleague digged out Python and it took me only a few
weeks to adopt the language. I started into developing a class for some
date and time math, what took me on the OO path too. Meanwhile I have
done several apps and utilities, even things, I wouldn't have started in
Perl.

For me the step to Python was a win-win