help

Albert Hofkamp hat at se-46.wpa.wtb.tue.nl
Thu Dec 19 04:41:37 EST 2002

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 00:24:40 +0100, Ula S. <zula at NOSPAM.astercity.net> wrote:
> I have a problem. I am to write a script - socket redirector - in Python,
> but actually I don't know this language. I know, what the script has to do,
> but I don't know how to write it. Could anyone help me with writing it or
> give some good advice? It's urgent. Please, contact me by e-mail:

Basically, you have 2 options:
1) Do a search for such a program on e.g. sourceforge/freshmeat etc.
   These programs exist, and learning a language just to write yet another
   clone is not worth the trouble.
2) Learn the language, and write the program.
   First, read the tutorial, then browse the library reference for
   network-related packages, for example the 'socket' module.

Albert
PS The subject 'help' is quite unhelpful in specifying what you want, at
   least for me. Normally I skip all articles, except those that have an
   appealing subject (this response is the exception to the rule, I just
   don't really want to do 'real' work today :-) ).
   A more specific subject such as 'help needed for socket redirector' is
   much more likely to attract readers that can help you.
--
Unlike popular belief, the .doc format is not an open publically available format.