Tutorial for Python "way of programming"?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Dec 20 03:22:01 EST 2002

Colin Cashman wrote:

> Not a tutorial for writing Python code (those are a dime a dozen), but a
> tutorial for the way people write code in Python.

if you want to learn how people write code in Python, read code
written in Python.

the standard distribution comes with over 60k lines of Python code
in the standard library.  most of it is pretty easy to understand, and
you'll surely pick up lots of useful pydioms in an hour or two.

the "python cookbook" and my own "python standard library" also
contains tons of well-commented code samples.

</F>

<!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the python standard library:
http://effbot.org/zone/librarybook-order.htm
-->