Python GUI for mysql

Andy Todd andy_todd at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 19 10:58:58 EST 2002

Joe Francia <usenet at soraia.com> wrote in message news:<afcM9.311802$nQ6.41890 at news.easynews.com>...
> Many prefer wxPython (http://www.wxpython.org/) over Tkinter for Python
> GUI stuff.  Try both, see which you prefer.
>
> Daryl Middleton wrote:
> > I am trying to assemble a python based gui to access mysql.  I would like
> > to have several preset queries where the user could just click a button to
> > activate the selected query.  Not sure if I should be looking at TKinter or
> > something else.  Thanks

Have a look at PythonCard (http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net). The
distribution includes a sample called dbBrowser which shows how to
build a simple application that talks to (amongst others) MySQL.

The advantage of using PythonCard (which is built on wxPython) is it
greatly simplifies the building of the GUI part of the application,
allowing you to concentrate on the important stuff.

Although-I'm-biased-ly y'rs,
Andy