Quotes

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Fri Dec 20 02:13:41 EST 2002

In article <eppstein-4CA684.21405519122002 at news.service.uci.edu>,
 David Eppstein <eppstein at ics.uci.edu> wrote:

> > The book is called "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone."
>
> The easy solution is:
> print 'The book is called "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone".'

In hopes of staving off 20 follow-ups correcting this: it is wrong.
James Besemer kindly alerted me to my mistake (failure to notice the
apostrophe) and also posted a better answer himself.  Mea culpa.  I
should learn to always test before posting, Python makes it easy enough
that there's little reason not to.

--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/