Regexps problem

Duff bruno.dusausoy at skynet.be
Thu Dec 12 09:38:40 EST 2002

Hi,

I use the imaplib module to communicate with my IMAP4 server.

Whe i ask the server which mailboxes are there, it returns a tuple
containing a string and a list of mailboxes (with their attributes). What
interest me is this list. Each list item is a string
It contains 3 "parts" :
- mailbox attributes consisting of one or more words (separated by a
whitespace )preceded by '\' and encapsulated by two parenthesis '('
and ')' Ex : (\Haschildren \Unmarked) or (\Hasnochildren)
- hierarchy delimiter consisting in one character (it could be any
character) encapsulated by two "  (Example : "." or "/")
- mailbox name : consisting in a string encapsulated by two " (Example :
"Test" or "Test.SubTest")

What i'd like to do is isolate the mailboxes names. How can I do that
with regexps ?

Thanks ..

--
Dusausoy Bruno