SAP DB anyone?

Carsten Gaebler cg at schlund.de
Fri Dec 13 19:18:39 EST 2002

Hi there!

It seems I need to access an SAP DB server with Python under Linux but I
don't know anything about SAP DB. I've been browsing several pages on
www.sapdb.org but these were not very helpful so I still don't know what
I need to set up a working Python module.

What I've done so far: I downloaded the binary python package but it
complained about unresolved symbols when imported. So I downloaded the
server sources which should also contain the Python sources. The
insallation script asked for "devtools" which I did not have.

Now, before downloading more of this huge stuff, perhaps someone already
knows what's really needed to build an SAP DB Python module. I'd
appreciate any help.

Regards
Carsten.