Python as an Object Oriented Programming Language

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Sat Dec 21 03:04:21 EST 2002

> On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:06:47 -0600, Aaron K. Johnson
> <akjmicro at yahoo.com> wrote:
> (edit)
> >Tell him to be friendly! I have little patience for the Erik Naggum
> >wannabe...I've already experienced the original.
>
> This doesn't justify the rudeness, but I have noticed some persnickity
> posts from LISPers in comp.lang.python.
>
> On a regular basis...  Persnickity and worse...
>
> I confess, I lost my temper today too (in the real world).  I feel
> very bad about it, but there are certainly people who would try
> anyone's patience.  Basically, I don't want to throw stones at AKJ
> when I live in a glass house.
>
> Manuel
> --

If we are throwing stones at him, then we are doing it wrong, and need
to improve. (The image I had was dousing a fire with a bucket of cold
water).  The idea is to provide a solid and decent environment so that
it becomes easier to not lose your temper when beset from the idiots.
If we have to wait until we are all perfect at suffering fools, we
will never get there.  You have to make the effort even though you
aren't all that good at it, because it is the only way to get better.
Suggestions, AKJ on how to do a better job when somebody loses his
temper?

Laura Creighton