'twander' 2.29 Released

GerritM gmuller at worldonline.nl
Fri Dec 20 15:57:05 EST 2002

Tim,

it sounds quite interesting. I tried to play with on a Windows98SE machine,
where I ran into a very curious Windows bug. The .twander configuration file
corrupts the windows system. Windows apparantly sees the dot (.), translates
it in the current directory, ignores the rest of the filename and then
denies any operation on it. I cannot delete the file in windows explorer, I
cannot save it because the backup save of my PFE-editor is denied etcetera.
Hopefully virus writers don't discover this bug, it opens possibilities to
fill the system entirely with non deletable .nonsense files...

Another strange effect is that the program accesses the internet, which is
blocked of course by my firewall. I think that line 166 getfqdn() might be
the culprit?

regards Gerrit

--
www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/