OT: doubts on my sexual identity

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Fri Dec 13 12:33:11 EST 2002

I just received a message from Laura Creighton where she apologizes with
me since she referred to me as a woman. Don't worry, Laura !
This kind of confusion happens to me very often since I left Italy (where
there is no possibity of mistake since Michele=male, Michela=female) and no
longer bother me, nevertheless, for the sake of precision, I would like
to inform the people in c.l.p. that actually I am a MAN. This could be
disappointing for people wanting more women in c.l.p. (I am one of them)
but this is the bitter truth, helas ! ;-)
I only happen to be one of those people with an ambiguous name; OTOH,
I am not the only one in c.l.p., look at the various Terry, Robin,...
(Lulu does not count! ;-)
I wonder is somebody thought to make a statistics of women in c.l.p. :
how could he recognizes the sex for the name alone ??

That's all folks, let me turn to more serious stuff... ;-)

Cheers,

                                                Michele