Tkinter and wxWindows

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Sun Dec 15 03:27:56 EST 2002

> What are the pluses and minuses of Tkinter and wxWindows for Python GUI's?
> --

Use Google Groups in comp.lang.python and check out
'Tkinter wxWindows'.  Get ready for a long read.

Short version -- wxWindows look more cool.  The program just like a
windows app.  This is either very good or very bad, depending on what
you think of windows programming.  If you use Tkinter, then what you
write will run anywhere.  Not true wxWindows.  I find programming
in Tkinter a joy, but then everybody knows I am weird.

Laura