Windows Explorer Context Menu

R.Marquez ny_r_marquez at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 16:47:42 EST 2002

I have been using the "Send to" Context menu of Windows Explorer to
pass files as parameters to some small utilities I've written.
However, the "Send to" functionality appears to have a predefine
allowable size for the parameters it passes.  So the deeper the path,
the less the number of files it can pass without complaining.

So, I am trying to move on to another method of getting the selected
files as parameters, from Explorer.  I have dug around for a few
hours, and it seems that I have two options:

1) Somehow getting the files from Explorer through DDE (I have no idea
where to start on this yet).

2) Writting a context menu extension dll. (I don't think I can do this
with Python, can I?)

Python is my first (programming) language, and so far have had no need
(nor desire :) to learn another one. So, right now, I feel a little
stuck, and I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions on how to
accomplish what I need.  As allways, any effort in responding is much
appreciated.

-Ruben