Python/Jython, CORBA, OmniORB, Blackdown

Derek Thomson derek at wedgetail.com
Sat Dec 7 05:29:59 EST 2002

Hi Martin,

Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> Derek Thomson  writes:
>

> >I don't know if the Python omniORB components are guaranteed
> >to work in Jython.
>

> Andrew wasn't actually trying to use omniORB inside Jython, AFAICT;
> instead, he was using the "native" Java ORB (with the implied
> Java->Python mapping).

I though of doing that as soon as I sent my reply. In that case he just
has to put up with the Java CORBA mapping. And the Java->Python mapping
on top of that, and being stuck with Jython if the need for the Java
classes ever goes away. But these things may or may not be important to
the OP.

Thanks for pointing that out, anyhow.

--
D.