python cryptography toolkit installing problem

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Wed Dec 18 10:03:15 EST 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:35:23 GMT,
	Benjamin <phncontact.libero.it@>> wrote:
> i tried to install the python cryptography toolkit, but got this error
> msg:
> error: command 'cl.exe' failes: No such file or directory

You probably don't have Microsoft's compiler installed, and therefore
can't compile extension modules written in C or C++.  I don't know of
anyone who's making Windows binaries of the toolkit available, so
you're probably stuck, short of buying the compiler or figuring out
how to use Borland's free compiler.

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
PETER: I will carry no crotchets: I'll re you, I'll fa you; do you note me?
      -- _Romeo and Juliet_, IV, v