web server options

Karsten W. Rohrbach karsten at rohrbach.de
Mon Dec 30 02:03:42 EST 2002

dsavitsk <dsavitsk at e-coli.net> wrote:
> The things that I need are, (1) the ability to run on the above hardware,
> (2) the ability to serve via python scripts, and (3) the ability to run 2
> distinct servers (i.e. www.foo.com and www.bar.com), both on port 80, on the
> same hardware (the server is behind a NAT box, and I am not sure what sort
> of complications this will bring to this one).

Depending on your flavour of (2), Apache as a frontend for (3)
and Zope as backend might be an option. (1) might pose a problem due to
the 48MB of RAM, but i do not know how much traffic/concurrent sessions
your box will get. I ran this setup on a similar hardware (P54C-200/64MB
RAM) quite some years ago as a virtual hosting server.

/k